Alerts for: Estevan - Weyburn - Radville - Milestone
12:37 PM CST Thursday 24 July 2014
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- R.M. of Benson including Benson
- R.M. of Brokenshell including Trossachs
- R.M. of Caledonia including Milestone and Parry
- R.M. of Cambria including Torquay and Outram
- R.M. of Cymri including Midale Macoun and Halbrite
- R.M. of Estevan including Estevan and Hitchcock
- R.M. of Fillmore including Fillmore Creelman and Osage
- R.M. of Griffin including Griffin and Froude
- R.M. of Lake Alma including Lake Alma and Beaubier
- R.M. of Laurier including Radville
- R.M. of Lomond including Colgate and Goodwater
- R.M. of Norton including Pangman and Khedive
- R.M. of Scott including Yellowgrass Lang and Lewvan
- R.M. of Souris Valley including Tribune and Oungre
- R.M. of Wellington including Cedoux Colfax and Tyvan
- R.M. of Weyburn including Weyburn and McTaggart
A trough of low pressure moving eastward across Saskatchewan is expected to trigger scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. By late afternoon the trough is expected to lie along a line from the Battlefords to Moose Jaw southward to the International border then continue to push eastward during the evening. Some of these thunderstorms will be severe capable of producing very strong wind gusts, destructive hail and torrential rain.
Extremely large hail can smash windows, destroy property and vehicles and cause life-threatening injury. Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. If you hear thunder, then lightning is close enough to be dangerous.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #SKStorm.
- Date modified: