Alerts for: Prince Albert - Shellbrook - Spiritwood - Duck Lake
4:29 AM CST Saturday 25 April 2015
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- City of Prince Albert
- District of Lakeland including Emma Lake and Anglin Lake
- R.M. of Birch Hills including Muskoday Res.
- R.M. of Buckland including Wahpeton Res. and Spruce Home
- R.M. of Canwood including Debden and Big River Res.
- R.M. of Duck Lake including Duck Lake and Beardy's Res.
- R.M. of Garden River including Meath Park and Albertville
- R.M. of Leask including Leask Mistawasis Res. and Parkside
- R.M. of Meeting Lake
- R.M. of Paddockwood including Candle Lake and Paddockwood
- R.M. of Prince Albert including Davis
- R.M. of Shellbrook including Sturgeon Lake Res.
- R.M. of Spiritwood including Spiritwood and Leoville
- R.M. of St Louis including One Arrow Res. and Domremy
Snowfall, with total amounts of 15 to 20 cm is expected.
Winter is planning a return to parts of Saskatchewan this weekend, courtesy of a developing low pressure system in Montana which is moving northward into the province. This system has spread rain overnight through the southern part of the province, and as the rain pushes northward it will change to snow as it moves into the colder air. Snow is expected to begin this morning in the Saskatoon - Prince Alberta area and continue throughout the day. Freezing rain is also possible this morning. Total snowfall amounts of 15 to 20 cm can be expected in the warned area by Sunday morning. The snow will taper off during the day Sunday.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: