Alerts for: Moosomin - Grenfell - Kipling - Wawota
8:25 AM CST Wednesday 28 January 2015
Freezing Drizzle Advisory in effect for:
- R.M. of Chester including Windthorst Glenavon and Peebles
- R.M. of Elcapo including Broadview and Cowessess Res.
- R.M. of Golden West including Ocean Man Res. and Handsworth
- R.M. of Hazelwood south of Kipling
- R.M. of Kingsley including Kipling
- R.M. of Martin including Wapella and Red Jacket
- R.M. of Maryfield including Maryfield and Fairlight
- R.M. of Moosomin including Moosomin Welwyn and Fleming
- R.M. of Rocanville including Rocanville
- R.M. of Silverwood south of Whitewood
- R.M. of Walpole including Kelso
- R.M. of Wawken including Wawota Kennedy and Kenosee Lake
- R.M. of Willowdale including Whitewood and Ochapowace Res.
- R.M. of Wolseley including Wolseley and Summerberry
Areas of freezing drizzle are expected or occuring.
Freezing drizzle is occurring across most of southern Saskatchewan including the city of Regina, resulting in icy conditions on both roads and sidewalks. Areas along and south of the Trans-Canada Highway are affected. Take extra care while walking or driving. The freezing drizzle should end or change over to flurries this afternoon.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Freezing drizzle can produce thin, hard to detect layers of ice. Take extra care when walking or driving in affected areas.
Weather Advisories for Freezing Drizzle are issued when drizzle falling in sub zero temperatures is expected to freeze on contact, and over time create icy surfaces.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: