Alerts for: Carlyle - Oxbow - Carnduff - Bienfait - Stoughton
2:19 PM CST Thursday 24 July 2014
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- R.M. of Antler including Redvers Antler and Wauchope
- R.M. of Argyle including Gainsborough and Carievale
- R.M. of Brock including Arcola and Kisbey
- R.M. of Browning including Lampman
- R.M. of Coalfields including Bienfait and North Portal
- R.M. of Enniskillen including Oxbow and Northgate
- R.M. of Moose Creek including Alameda
- R.M. of Moose Mountain including Carlyle and Manor
- R.M. of Mount Pleasant including Carnduff
- R.M. of Reciprocity including Alida
- R.M. of Storthoaks including Storthoaks and Fertile
- R.M. of Tecumseh including Stoughton Forget and Heward
A trough of low pressure moving eastward across Saskatchewan is triggering scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. By late afternoon the trough is expected to lie along a line from the Battlefords to Moose Jaw southward to the International border then continue to push eastward during the evening. Some of these thunderstorms will be severe capable of producing very strong wind gusts, destructive hail and torrential rain.
Extremely large hail can smash windows, destroy property and vehicles and cause life-threatening injury. Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. If you hear thunder, then lightning is close enough to be dangerous.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #SKStorm.
- Date modified: