Alerts for: York - Durham
4:32 AM EDT Thursday 30 July 2015
Heat Warning in effect for:
- Newmarket - Georgina - Northern York Region
- Pickering - Oshawa - Southern Durham Region
- Uxbridge - Beaverton - Northern Durham Region
- Vaughan - Richmond Hill - Markham
Hot and humid conditions will moderate slightly today. Daytime highs are expected to reach thirty once again however humidity levels will be lower.
Watch for symptoms of heat illness, which include
- dizziness or fainting, nausea or vomiting
- rapid breathing and heartbeat
- extreme thirst and
- decreased urination with unusually dark yellow urine.
If you experience any of these symptoms during extreme heat, immediately move to a cool place and drink liquids. Water is best.
Frequently visit neighbours, friends and older family members, especially those who are chronically ill, to make sure that they are cool and hydrated.
Never leave people or pets in your care inside a parked vehicle or in direct sunlight.
Heat warnings are issued when very high temperature or humidity conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #ONStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: