Alerts for: Coral Harbour
9:32 PM CST Sunday 25 January 2015
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Coral Harbour
A prolonged period of very cold wind chills is expected.
Bitterly cold conditions prevail in Coral Harbour this evening, with wind chill values expected around the -57 mark. Winds are expected to diminish this evening in Coral Harbour as a ridge of high pressure moves into the area.
Watch for cold related symptoms and complaints which include:
- Respiratory: shortness of breath, wheezing and cough
- Cardiovascular: chest pain and arrhythmias
- Circulation: colour change of finger and toes, pain, numbness and tickling sensation in extremities
- Muscle: pain, stiffness, swelling, restricted movement, weakness
- Skin: itching, pale.
If you experience these symptoms when exposed to the cold, move indoors and begin warming.
- Consuming alcohol before you go out in the cold may increase your risk of hypothermia because it increases blood flow to the extremities of the body. You may actually feel warm even though you are losing heat.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #NUStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: