Alerts for: City of Winnipeg
4:40 AM CDT Wednesday 02 September 2015
Heat Warning in effect for:
- City of Winnipeg
..Humidex values near 40 today and low 40s Thursday..
A southerly flow of hot and increasingly humid air will be impacting southern Manitoba today and Thursday. Afternoon temperatures are expected to peak in the low to mid thirties both days with humidex values near 40 today and the low forties Thursday. A cold front is expected to bring showers and thunderstorms Friday followed by cooler weather for the weekend into next week.
While extreme heat can put everyone at risk from heat illnesses, health risks are greatest for
- older adults
- infants and young children
- people with chronic illnesses such as breathing difficulties, heart conditions or psychiatric illnesses
- people who work in the heat
- people who exercise in the heat
- people without access to air conditioning and
- homeless people.
Never leave people or pets in your care inside a parked vehicle or in direct sunlight.
For more information on heat and your health:
- Visit Manitoba Health at: http://www.manitoba.ca/health/publichealth/environmentalhealth/heat.html
- Call Health Links-Info Santé at 788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: