Alerts for: Brandon - Neepawa - Carberry - Treherne
1:40 PM CDT Saturday 23 July 2016
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- City of Brandon
- Mun. of Glenboro-South Cypress incl. Treesbank
- Mun. of Norfolk Treherne
- Mun. of North Cypress-Langford incl. Neepawa and Carberry
- Mun. of North Norfolk incl. MacGregor Sydney and Austin
- Mun. of Oakland-Wawanesa incl. Carroll
- R.M. of Cornwallis west of Shilo incl. Chater
- R.M. of Elton incl. Forrest
- R.M. of Victoria incl. Holland and Cypress River
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing damaging wind gusts, damaging hail and heavy rain.
An unsettled airmass in the wake of the rainfall earlier today has led to favourable conditions for severe thunderstorm development later this afternoon and into the early evening.
Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles and cause serious injury. Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: