Alerts for: Dauphin - Roblin - Winnipegosis
9:39 AM CDT Friday 18 April 2014
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Dauphin including Sifton and Valley River
- R.M. of Ethelbert including Ethelbert and Garland
- R.M. of Gilbert Plains including Gilbert Plains and Ashville
- R.M. of Grandview including Valley River Res.
- R.M. of Hillsburg including Shortdale Bield and Merridale
- R.M. of Mossey River including Winnipegosis and Fork River
- R.M. of Ochre River including Ochre River and Mackinak
- R.M. of Shell River including Roblin Markaroff and Boggy Creek
- R.M. of Shellmouth-Boulton including Asessippi Prov. Park
Snowfall - late afternoon to late morning Saturday.
Snowfall, with total amounts of 15 to 25 cm is expected.
A storm system tracking across southern Saskatchewan today will reach southwest Manitoba this afternoon. This system is expected to bring a large area of precipitation across southern Manitoba beginning this afternoon. Areas in western Manitoba north of the Trans-Canada highway and the Interlake area will see afternoon rain change over to heavy snow by the evening hours as temperatures fall. Most areas are expected to see 15-20 cm of snow total tonight into Saturday, while over higher terrain in the parklands up to 25 cm of snow is possible. The snow is expected to taper off and change to rain showers Saturday morning.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #MBStorm.
- Date modified: