Alerts for: Selkirk - Gimli - Stonewall - Woodlands
10:18 AM CST Sunday 07 February 2016
Blowing Snow Advisory in effect for:
- R.M. of Armstrong incl. Chatfield Inwood and Narcisse
- R.M. of Coldwell incl. Lundar and Clarkleigh
- R.M. of Gimli incl. Winnipeg Beach and Arnes
- R.M. of Rockwood incl. Teulon Stonewall and Stony Mountain
- R.M. of Rosser incl. Meadows
- R.M. of St. Andrews incl. Selkirk Lockport and Ponemah
- R.M. of St. Laurent incl. Oak Point
- R.M. of West St. Paul incl. Middlechurch and Riverside
- R.M. of Woodlands incl. Warren and Lake Francis
Poor visibility in snow and blowing snow is expected or occurring in some locations.
Blizzard conditions have developed this morning from Lake Manitoba through Elie, Morris, and Emerson with poor visibilities of 400 metres or less due to snow and blowing snow.
Elsewhere winds are not quite as strong, and while visibilities are still quite poor, they are not expected to reach the blizzard threshold.
Within the City of Winnipeg conditions are not that bad, however the blowing snow advisory is in effect for outlying areas.
Improvement should begin by early this evening.
Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: