Alerts for: Lethbridge - Taber - Milk River
10:28 AM MDT Tuesday 17 October 2017
Wind warning in effect for:
- City of Lethbridge
- Co. of Forty Mile near Skiff
- Co. of Lethbridge near Coaldale
- Co. of Lethbridge near Coalhurst Nobleford and Barons
- Co. of Lethbridge near Picture Butte and Turin
- Co. of Warner near Milk River and Coutts
- Co. of Warner near Raymond Stirling and New Dayton
- Co. of Warner near Warner
- Co. of Warner near Wrentham
- Co. of Warner near Writing-On-Stone Prov. Park
- M.D. of Taber near Grassy Lake and Hwys 877 and 513
- M.D. of Taber near Taber and Barnwell
- M.D. of Taber near Vauxhall and Hays
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
An intense low pressure system is developing over central Alberta today and will track quickly into Saskatchewan tonight.
Very strong southwesterly winds gusting up to 130 km/h will develop first in the southern foothills early this afternoon and then spread across southern Alberta with gusts to 100 km/h.
In central regions around Edmonton, northwesterly winds will pick up gusting 90 to 100 km/h this afternoon and continue eastward towards Lloydminster. Scattered thunderstorms will accompany the arrival of the strong winds.
The strong winds will exit into Saskatchewan this evening and continue to diminish overnight in Alberta.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: