Alerts for: Lethbridge - Taber - Milk River
10:11 AM MDT Thursday 28 July 2016
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- City of Lethbridge
- Co. of Forty Mile near Skiff
- Co. of Lethbridge near Coaldale
- Co. of Lethbridge near Coalhurst Nobleford and Barons
- Co. of Lethbridge near Picture Butte and Turin
- Co. of Warner near Milk River and Coutts
- Co. of Warner near Raymond Stirling and New Dayton
- Co. of Warner near Warner
- Co. of Warner near Wrentham
- Co. of Warner near Writing-On-Stone Prov. Park
- M.D. of Taber near Grassy Lake and Hwys 877 and 513
- M.D. of Taber near Taber and Barnwell
- M.D. of Taber near Vauxhall and Hays
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.
Thunderstorms are expected to develop early this afternoon. Some of these thunderstorms may become severe with large hail and heavy downpours.
Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: