Alerts for: Red Deer - Ponoka - Innisfail - Stettler
3:32 PM MDT Friday 28 October 2016
Fog advisory in effect for:
- Camrose Co. near Bashaw and Meeting Creek
- City of Red Deer
- Co. of Paintearth near Halkirk and Big Knife Prov. Park
- Co. of Stettler near Big Valley
- Co. of Stettler near Botha and Gadsby
- Co. of Stettler near Byemoor and Endiang
- Co. of Stettler near Donalda
- Co. of Stettler near Stettler Nevis and Rochon Sands
- Flagstaff Co. near Forestburg and Galahad
- Lacombe Co. near Clive Alix and Mirror
- Lacombe Co. near Eckville
- Lacombe Co. near Lacombe Blackfalds and Bentley
- Ponoka Co. near Ponoka and Maskwacis
- Red Deer Co. near Elnora Lousana and Delburne
- Red Deer Co. near Penhold Innisfail and Bowden
- Red Deer Co. near Pine Lake
- Red Deer Co. near Spruce View and Red Lodge Prov. Park
- Red Deer Co. near Sylvan Lake and Stephansson House
Under a moist airmass, areas of dense fog will form once again this evening over parts of Alberta. This fog will cause near-zero visibilities at times in much of central and south-central Alberta, including the cities of Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary, and highway 2 between Edmonton and Calgary.
Fog will lift to low cloud during the day on Saturday but more fog is forecast, especially around the Capital Region, overnight Saturday night.
Visibility may be significantly and suddenly reduced to near zero. If travelling, be prepared for areas of near-zero visibility. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Fog advisories are issued when near zero visibilities in fog are expected or occurring.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: