Alerts for: Fort McMurray - Fort MacKay
10:10 PM MST Sunday 19 November 2017
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- Lac La Biche Co. near Crow Lake Prov. Park
- Lac La Biche Co. near Wiau Winefred and Grist Lakes
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort MacKay and Wallace Creek
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort McMurray and Anzac
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Gipsy Lake and Whitemud Falls
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Grand Rapids Wildland Prov. Park
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Janvier South and Conklin
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Mariana Lake
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Stony Mtn Prov. Park and Engstrom Lake
Snowfall, with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm continues.
A low pressure system currently moving across Alberta will continue spreading an area of heavy snow across northern parts of the province this evening. Snow will taper off tonight as the low moves into Saskatchewan.
Snowfall warnings are issued when 10 cm or more of snow is expected to fall within 12 hours.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: