Alerts for: Medicine Hat - Bow Island - Suffield
4:37 AM MDT Tuesday 03 May 2016
Special weather statement in effect for:
- City of Medicine Hat
- Co. of Forty Mile near Bow Island and Whitla
- Co. of Newell near Patricia
- Co. of Newell near Tilley and Rolling Hills
- Cypress Co. near Bowell and Redcliff
- Cypress Co. near Bowmanton Schuler and Hilda
- Cypress Co. near CFB Suffield
- Cypress Co. near Dunmore and Woolchester
- Cypress Co. near Irvine and Walsh
- Cypress Co. near McNeill and Sandy Point District Park
- Cypress Co. near Seven Persons
- Cypress Co. near Suffield and Hwy 879
- Cypress Co. near Tide Lake
- S.A. 2 near Bindloss Empress and Social Plains
- S.A. 2 near Buffalo and Cavendish
- S.A. 2 near Iddesleigh and Dinosaur Prov. Park
- S.A. 2 near Jenner and Atlee
Well above normal temperatures are expected to continue with some record high temperatures broken. Warm temperatures will remain in place into midweek. A cold front will move through central Alberta Wednesday and the southeast on Thursday lowering temperatures to slightly above normal.
These conditions pose a health risk when you are not used to the heat.
Everyone is at risk from heat, especially older adults; infants and young children; and people with chronic illnesses.
You are advised to (1) drink plenty of cool liquids before feeling thirsty; and (2) keep cool by dressing for the weather and spending a few hours each day in a cool place.
Issued by Environment Canada, Alberta Environment and Parks, Alberta Health
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Plan. Prepare. BE AWARE - Emergency Preparedness Week
Get timely local #weather alerts directly to your Twitter feed.
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
- Date modified: