Alerts for: Medicine Hat - Bow Island - Suffield
9:34 PM MST Wednesday 26 November 2014
Freezing rain warning in effect for:
- City of Medicine Hat
- Co. of Forty Mile near Bow Island and Whitla
- Co. of Newell near Patricia
- Co. of Newell near Tilley and Rolling Hills
- Cypress Co. near Bowell and Redcliff
- Cypress Co. near Bowmanton Schuler and Hilda
- Cypress Co. near CFB Suffield
- Cypress Co. near Dunmore and Woolchester
- Cypress Co. near Irvine and Walsh
- Cypress Co. near McNeill and Sandy Point District Park
- Cypress Co. near Seven Persons
- Cypress Co. near Suffield and Hwy. 879
- Cypress Co. near Tide Lake
- S.A. 2 near Bindloss Empress and Social Plains
- S.A. 2 near Buffalo and Cavendish
- S.A. 2 near Iddesleigh and Dinosaur Prov. Park
- S.A. 2 near Jenner and Atlee
Freezing rain is expected or occurring.
The Pacific frontal system that will cause all the snow in western and central Alberta over the next few days will bring a bout of freezing rain to the southeastern corner of the province overnight and Thursday morning.
A band of freezing rain is expected to develop in far southern Alberta late overnight tonight and move slowly northeastward. Medicine Hat and the Cypress Hills will be affected by this band of freezing rain before it moves into Saskatchewan and dissipates late Thursday morning.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Take extra care when walking or driving in affected areas.
Freezing Rain Warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
- Date modified: