Alerts for: Crowsnest Pass - Pincher Creek - Waterton Lakes Nat. Park
9:30 AM CST Saturday 06 February 2016
Wind warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Beauvais Lake Prov. Park
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Cowley Burmis and Maycroft
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Pincher Creek and Twin Butte
- M.D. of Ranchland
- Municipality of Crowsnest Pass including Coleman and Frank
- Piikani Reserve
- Waterton Lakes Nat. Park and Blood Res. 148A
Strong westerly winds with gusts up to 100 km/h are forecast to occur in southern and eastern Alberta.
In the southwest part of the province, winds will slowly diminish throughout the day. Closer to the Saskatchewan border, the strongest winds are expected near noon and early this afternoon before diminishing.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: