Alerts for: Crowsnest Pass - Pincher Creek - Waterton Lakes Nat. Park
3:09 PM MDT Thursday 24 July 2014
Wind warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Beauvais Lake Prov. Park
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Cowley Burmis and Maycroft
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Pincher Creek and Twin Butte
- M.D. of Ranchland
- Municipality of Crowsnest Pass including Coleman and Frank
- Piikani Reserve
- Waterton Lakes Nat. Park and Blood Res. 148A
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A developing low pressure centre near the Edmonton region will bring wind gusts to 100 km/h in the Pincher Creek and Cardston regions. By 3 p.m. MST wind gusts to 95 km/h were reported in Cut Bank, Montana and gusts reached 93 km/h in Fort MacLeod. Winds will weaken later this evening.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
- Date modified: