Alerts for: Fort Saskatchewan - Vegreville - Redwater - Smoky Lake
3:19 PM MDT Tuesday 26 July 2016
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- Co. of Minburn near Vegreville Inland and Warwick
- Co. of Two Hills near Willingdon and Hairy Hill
- Elk Island Nat. Park
- Fort Saskatchewan and Nrn Strathcona Co.
- Lamont Co. near Andrew and Wostok
- Lamont Co. near Bruderheim Lamont and Peno Creek
- Lamont Co. near Mundare Chipman and Ukrainian Village
- Smoky Lake Co. near Smoky Lake and Waskatenau
- Sturgeon Co. near Bon Accord Gibbons and Namao
- Sturgeon Co. near Redwater
- Thorhild Co. near Thorhild Opal and Radway
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, damaging hail and heavy rain.
A large area of thunderstorms have developed over southern Alberta with scattered storms through portions of central Alberta. A few of these thunderstorms could become severe.
Fast-moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away. Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles and cause serious injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: