Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 24 February 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 to 25 knots except west 20 to 30 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 early this evening then veering to northeast 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Saturday morning then diminishing to easterly 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Periods of light snow beginning near midnight changing to periods of freezing rain late overnight and ending Saturday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Low tonight minus 5. High Saturday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5920W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
6 tenths of grey ice except 8 tenths of grey-white ice including 3
tenths of brash ice along the south shore.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 24 February 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Québec city.
By 1:00 p.m. EST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 994 mb located near Lake Michigan.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday low 986 mb located west of Lake
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: