Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 11 February 2016
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots except west 35 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming west 15 to 25 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near noon Friday. Wind diminishing to light Friday afternoon.
Periods of light snow ending early Friday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray tonight and Friday morning.
Low tonight minus 18. Temperatures near minus 16 Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 11 February 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5920W to 4805N 5940W
to 4945N 5815W to 4815N 6300W to 4740N 6305W to 4750N 6110W to 4655N
6000W to Nova Scotia near 4615N 5955W. Sea ice north and west of the
6 tenths of new ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 3:00 PM EST 11 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 11 February 2016 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EST today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Lake Michigan.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 1:00 a.m. EST Friday building low 1014 mb located over Lake
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday low 1007 mb located 50 miles west of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: