Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EST 09 February 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 20 to 25 late this morning and to northeast 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind becoming light Wednesday morning then becoming northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Snow beginning early this morning changing to periods of light snow near midnight and ending Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray this morning.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5925W to 4825N
5935W to 4955N 5810W to 4920N 5945W to 4920N 6110W to 4850N 6110W to
4835N 6255W to 4705N 6310W to 4640N 6200W to Nova Scotia near 4605N
6130W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Iles de la Madeleine near 4710N 6200W
to 4700N 6205W to 4650N 6140W to 4725N 6115W to Iles de la Madeleine
near 4735N 6125W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
4 tenths of new ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 08:17 AM EST 09 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today quasi-stationary high 1035 mb located near
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 978 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 992 mb located east of Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: