Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EST 10 February 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to westerly 15 to 20 late this afternoon except west 25 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming west 20 to 25 overnight except west 35 near the mouth of the Saguenay River.
A few flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 8 falling to minus 11 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4755N 5925W to 4825N
5935W to 4955N 5810W to 4920N 5945W to 4920N 6110W to 4850N 6110W to
4835N 6255W to 4705N 6310W to 4640N 6200W to Nova Scotia near 4605N
6130W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Iles de la Madeleine near 4710N 6200W
to 4700N 6205W to 4650N 6140W to 4725N 6115W to Iles de la Madeleine
near 4735N 6125W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
4 tenths of new ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 03:00 AM EST 10 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 10 February 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EST today deepening low 975 mb located south of
By 1:00 p.m. EST today departing low 970 mb located northeast
At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Ontario.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: