Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 06 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near midnight and to southwest 10 to 15 early Saturday morning.
Chance of flurries overnight and Saturday.
Low tonight minus 10. High Saturday minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4445N 6150W to 4455N 5620W to 4720N 5710W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
6 tenths of grey ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice near the
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 3:00 PM EST 06 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 6 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough located from James Bay to Lake
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday trough located from Lake Saint-Jean to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: