Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 02 April 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late this morning then becoming southeasterly 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 30 near noon Friday then becoming northwest 20 Friday evening.
Snow beginning early this evening. Risk of freezing rain overnight changing to showers Friday morning and ending Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending this morning.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to plus 5 Friday afternoon then falling to zero Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4445N
6100W to 4430N 5800W to 4600N 5700W to 4730N 5800W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
Nova Scotia near 4500N 6505W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the shores.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 03:00 AM EDT 02 April 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 2 April 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 2:00 p.m. EDT Friday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located on a line north-south over
western Lake Superior.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: