Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EST 04 March 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 30 near noon then veering to northwest 20 to 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 Thursday morning and to west 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Snow changing to a few flurries early this morning and ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
High today minus 2. Low tonight minus 19. High Thursday minus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
8 tenths of grey-white ice including 3 tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 987 mb located over James Bay.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Thursday low 986 mb located over Labrador Coast.
At 7:00 a.m. EST Thursday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Great Lakes.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday ridge located from Lake Saint-Jean to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: