Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 17 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northwest 15 to 25 late this afternoon then becoming northerly 15 after midnight.
Temperatures plus 4 falling to minus 2 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4440N 5755W
to 4510N 5700W to 4645N 5655W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland near
4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the shores.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 17 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located from James Bay to Lake Huron.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northwestern Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Tadoussac.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: