Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 10:21 AM EDT 24 July 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon Monday.
Chance of showers Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 10:21 AM EDT 24 July 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 24 July 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today low 1001 mb located over Manitoba.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Monday low 1000 mb located over southern James Bay.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located from the Strait of Belle
Isle to Îles-de-la-Madeleine then to the East Coast of the U.S.
By 2:00 p.m. EDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: