Issued 03:30 PM AST 06 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots near midnight and to southwest 20 Saturday morning.
Chance of flurries overnight and Saturday.
Low tonight minus 6. High Saturday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4445N 6150W to 4455N 5620W to 4720N 5710W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 6 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5307W to 4700N 4615W to 5000N 4530W to 5100N 4515W to 5200N
4630W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 6 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located over the central Marine
By 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located over the southern Marine
At 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM AST 6 March 2015 Strong northwest winds over some eastern waters will diminish this
evening ahead of an approaching ridge of high pressure.
Marine interests are advised freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: