Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight. Wind veering to westerly 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Showers beginning near noon and ending Thursday morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5255W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5033N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5817W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwestern ShoreIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located from Georges Bank to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: