Issued 03:00 AM NST 20 February 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon then backing to north 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
A few flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5955W to 4705N
6000W to 4825N 6120W to 5000N 5815W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5248W to 4545N 4715W to 4600N 4530W to 5045N 4630W to 5300N
4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5121N 5826W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 20 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today departing low 998 mb located east of Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. NST today dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 1007 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 1003 mb located south of Laurentian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM NST 20 February 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: