Issued 08:00 PM NDT 26 April 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind east 20 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind becoming east 20 to 25 early Monday morning then diminishing to east 15 late Monday morning. Wind backing to north 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Periods of rain changing to a few flurries or showers after midnight and ending near noon Monday. Fog patches dissipating Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4600N 5810W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths of first-year ice over the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3800W to 4630N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5039N 5929W to Newfoundland near 4943N 5749W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 26 April 2015 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 991 mb located over northern
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Monday low 995 mb located over Nova Scotia.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Monday low 986 mb located south of the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Monday low 985 mb located over the southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM NDT 26 April 2015 A low pressure system south of Newfoundland is forecast to track
westward towards the Maritimes on Monday, bringing strong to gale
force northeasterlies to Gulf waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half and Gulf - Port au Port -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: