Issued 08:00 PM NDT 28 May 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 late this evening except northeast 25 over eastern sections late this evening overnight and Sunday morning. Wind becoming west 15 Sunday afternoon.
Fog banks dissipating late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5308W to 4315N 4945W to 4315N 4816W to 4400N 4500W to 4615N
3715W to 4730N 3715W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5028N 5949W to Newfoundland near 4926N 5806W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 28 May 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight weakening ridge located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1012 mb located south of the Burin
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday intensifying low 1004 mb located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: