Issued 03:00 AM NDT 30 May 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 20 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 overnight.
Rain beginning this afternoon changing to a few showers Tuesday morning. Fog forming this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4300N 4945W to 4300N 4815W to 4400N 4430W to 4545N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 30 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1001 mb located over James Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 996 mb located over western Labrador.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over the southeastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: