Issued 03:30 PM NDT 28 March 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 this evening and to north 25 late overnight. Wind backing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon Sunday then to west 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Rain or snow changing to snow this evening and ending Sunday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4420N
6000W to 4420N 5725W to 4725N 5720W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4830W to 4430N 4730W to 4700N 4200W to 4945N
4245W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5820W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 28 March 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 992 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 990 mb located east of the Avalon
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough from 992 mb low located over the
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough from 990 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Funk Island Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday dissipating ridge located over Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM NDT 28 March 2015 A low pressure system south of Nova Scotia will pass just southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula Sunday morning and quickly move east of the
marine district by Sunday afternoon. A trough extending northeastward
from the low will remain nearly stationary over the Grand Banks
tonight before moving northeastward with the low on Sunday. Strong to
gale force southwesterlies will persist southeast of these features
until Sunday evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, the Northern Grand Banks -
southeastern half and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port,
Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: