Issued 03:00 AM NDT 22 October 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 ending this afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 overnight. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Monday.
A few showers ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5332N 5558W to 5315N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5800N 5700W to
6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 22 October 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 950 mb located southeast of Greenland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday weakening low 964 mb located southeast
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 950 mb low located over southern
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located over the northern
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NDT 22 October 2017 A trough of low pressure associated with an intense low southeast of
Greenland will give gale to storm force northwesterlies over eastern
waters today and tonight as it swings southward. These winds will
diminish by Monday morning as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank. Gale warnings are in effect for the Strait of Belle
Isle - eastern half, East Coast, Northeast Coast, Funk Island Bank,
and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: