Issued 03:30 PM NDT 03 July 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 late overnight.
Rain ending near midnight. Fog banks dissipating Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5404W to 4600N 5400W to 4145N 5000W to 4145N 4845W to 4645N
4330W to 4900N 4400W to 5530N 4730W to 6000N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5038N 5925W to Newfoundland near 5000N 5744W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 3 July 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the northern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 1007 mb located over Sable Island.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday departing low 992 mb located east of
Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM NDT 3 July 2015 A developing low pressure system near Sable Island will cross the
Avalon Peninsula this evening and the Funk Island Bank early Saturday
morning. Near-gale force southwest to west winds are expected across
the Grand Banks as the low passes. Marine interests are advised to
monitor future forecasts in the event that gale warnings are
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: