Issued 03:30 PM NST 21 February 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots becoming light this evening then becoming north 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5955W to 4705N
6000W to 4820N 6110W to 5000N 5815W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5247W to 4530N 4800W to 4530N 4500W to 4700N 4500W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5111N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 21 February 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today dissipating low 1008 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday low 996 mb located south of the Grand
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 993 mb located over the southeastern
At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM NST 21 February 2017 An intensifying low pressure system will approach the Grand Banks
from the south on Wednesday. Winds will increase to strong to gale
force northerlies over southern waters on Wednesday ahead of this
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Southwestern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: