South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
Issued 03:30 PM NST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 near midnight then veering to southeast 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5000N 5315W
to 5240N 5025W to 5535N 5155W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located over the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located south of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST today high 1026 mb located south of Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday high 1021 mb located over the East Coast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM NST 18 January 2017 A trough of low pressure over the Grand Banks will move to lie south
of the district this evening. Strong to gale force north to
northwesterlies are forecast in the wake of this feature. Winds will
gradually diminish tonight as a region of high pressure moves over
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northeast Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: