Issued 10:00 AM NDT 23 July 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots with gusts to 30 along the coast today and gusts to 30 along the coast Monday.
A few showers ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5515W to 4615N 5400W to 4600N 5230W to 4745N 4500W to 5130N
4530W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 23 July 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 990 mb located over
southern Labrador Sea.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Maritimes.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 1008 mb located south of the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Monday low 1008 mb located south of the Grand
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: