Issued 03:00 AM NDT 25 May 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming southeast 15 near noon Friday. Wind increasing to east 25 Friday evening.
Rain beginning Friday afternoon. Fog banks dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4835N 5135W
to 5115N 5420W to 5340N 5210W to 5450N 5205W to 5540N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5637W to 4415N 5600W to 4300N 5015W to 4300N 4800W to 4500N
4445W to 4600N 4445W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 6259W to Anticosti Island near 4943N 6300W and then from
Anticosti Island near 4907N 6207W to 4830N 6145W to Newfoundland
near 4736N 5913W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 25 May 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1005 mb located over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 1003 mb located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today high located over Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday high located over eastern Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low located over the Gulf
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: