Issued 10:00 AM NDT 05 May 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind east 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 25 early this evening then becoming southwest 25 late overnight.
Rain and fog banks beginning near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5330W to 4905N 5230W to
5025N 4830W to 5520N 5140W to 5625N 5615W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4707N 5255W to 4215N 5000W to 4215N 4845W to 4615N 4230W to 4900N
4200W to 5130N 4445W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 5 May 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located east of Belle Isle Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located from Cape Breton Island
to the Avalon Peninsula.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Plan. Prepare. BE AWARE - Emergency Preparedness Week
Get timely local #weather alerts directly to your Twitter feed.
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
- Date modified: