Issued 03:30 PM NST 28 January 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 late overnight then veering to west 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind veering to north 15 Thursday evening.
Rain and fog ending late overnight.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5305W to 5035N 5000W to 5400N 5055W to 5655N 5815W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice free except 2 tenths of grey ice in a few small bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5000N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 28 January 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located from Nova Scotia to Funk
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday low 1001 mb located northeast of Belle
At 3:30 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM NST 28 January 2015 A warm frontal trough extending northeastwards from a low pressure
system over Nova Scotia will move northeastwards to exit the marine
district on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies northwest
of this trough will diminish this evening.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, the Gulf waters, Northeast Coast -
north of Cape St. John and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: