Issued 03:30 PM NDT 05 July 2015
Tonight and Monday
Wind light increasing to north 15 to 20 knots near midnight then diminishing to north 10 to 15 Monday morning.
Periods of rain. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 July 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador 5705N 6125W to 5720N 5840W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5404W to 4600N 5400W to 4145N 5000W to 4145N 4845W to 4645N
4330W to 4900N 4345W to 5530N 4730W to 6000N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4954N 5748W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 5 July 2015 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today intensifying low 1005 mb located over
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Monday departing low 998 mb located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today weakening trough located on a line east-west
over southern Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over southern Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM NDT 5 July 2015 A low pressure system over the Laurentian Fan will move to lie over
the Southeastern Grand Banks Monday morning then east of the district
by Monday evening. Strong to gale force north to northwesterlies are
forecast behind this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: