Issued 10:00 AM NST 22 February 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots backing to north 25 this evening then to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4750N 5300W to 4740N 5000W
to 4830N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5500N 5200W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5247W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4500W to 4700N 4500W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5111N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 994 mb located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 990 mb located over the southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM NST 22 February 2017 A low pressure system approaching from the south will cross the
Southeastern Grand Banks tonight then move away to the east on
Thursday. Over southeastern waters, strong to gale force north to
northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: