Issued 10:00 AM NDT 29 July 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots backing to east 15 late this afternoon then increasing to east 25 this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 35 after midnight then diminishing to northeast 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain and fog banks beginning this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5334W to 4445N 4745W to 4430N 4400W to 4600N 4130W to 4845N
4200W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5045N 5713W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South CoastIssued 10:00 AM NDT 29 July 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 29 July 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the northern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today intensifying low 997 mb located south of
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Thursday low 995 mb located over the southwestern
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM NDT 29 July 2015 A low pressure system to the south will intensify as it moves over
the Southwestern Grand Banks tonight. Strong to gale force easterly
winds will develop over southeastern waters today and tonight as the
low nears. Over the Southwestern Grand Banks, gale force easterlies
will switch to gale force southwesterlies in the wake of the low on
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, and the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: