Issued 08:00 PM NDT 08 October 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to west 10 to 15 Friday morning. Wind becoming light Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 8 October 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5225N 5550W to 5230N 5500W to 5400N 5500W to 6000N 6000W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 9 October 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today building ridge located over the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday departing ridge located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying low 1002 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 966 mb located over northwestern
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: