Issued 10:00 AM NDT 05 May 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to west 25 this evening then diminishing to west 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind veering to northwest 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4750N 5030W to
4805N 5005W to 5250N 5335W to 5335N 5215W to 5450N 5210W to 5630N
5630W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 996 mb located over
central Labrador Coast.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 984 mb located over southern
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 996 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located east of the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located southeast of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: