Issued 08:00 PM NDT 27 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 late this evening except variable 10 to 15 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 after midnight then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Saturday morning.
Rain changing to rain or freezing rain early Saturday morning. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4750N 5245W to 4650N
4510W to 4900N 4500W to 5130N 4830W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5630W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except consolidated grey-white ice in a few small bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4700N 4215W to 5015N
4300W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 27 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located southeast of Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday quasi-stationary trough located southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:55 PM NDT 27 March 2015 A trough of low pressure southeast of Nova Scotia will track
northeastward to lie just southeast of Newfoundland tonight, where it
will remain nearly stationary throughout the forecast period.
Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure remains nearly stationary
southeast of the marine district. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will persist between these two features trough
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, the Northern Grand Banks -
southeastern half and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port and Belle Isle Bank -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: