Issued 08:00 PM NST 26 February 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to north 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind backing to west 20 late Friday afternoon.
Snow beginning near midnight and ending early Friday morning.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 February 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4950W
to 4835N 4730W to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice free except 2 tenths of new ice in a few small bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5253W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4700W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 26 February 2015 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 968 mb located northeast of Belle
By 3:00 a.m. NST Friday departing low 967 mb located east of
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 997 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Friday departing low 997 mb located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM NST 26 February 2015 A low pressure system just northeast of the Belle Isle Bank will
continue away from the region tonight. Gale to storm force
northwesterlies behind the low will diminish to moderate to strong
westerlies as it moves away.
A second low will approach from the southwest and cross the
Southeastern Grand Banks Friday morning. Strong to gale force
northeasterlies to the north of the low's track will veer to gale
force southwesterlies south of it.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect
for the Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half, Funk Island Bank and the
Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the South Coast and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: