Issued 03:30 PM NDT 29 September 2016
Tonight and Friday
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots except northeast 25 over northern sections. Wind increasing to north 30 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 Friday afternoon.
Rain and fog banks ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 July 2016
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 September 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5000N 5529W to 5000N 5300W to 5500N 5200W to 5800N 5700W to 6100N
5700W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5019N 5949W to Newfoundland near 4949N 5751W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 29 September 2016 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 1016 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday low 998 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over the
Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating ridge located on a line
east-west over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:29 PM NDT 29 September 2016 A low pressure system approaching the district from the southwest
will deepen as it crosses the Grand Banks tonight before moving east
of the marine district on Friday. Over southeastern waters, strong to
gale force south to southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to
gale to storm force north to northwesterlies in its wake. Winds will
diminish through the day on Friday as the low moves away from the
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the Northern Grand Banks - western half. Gale warnings are in effect
for the East Coast, Northern Grand Banks - eastern half and the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: