Issued 03:00 AM NDT 07 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind west 20 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 15 early this morning then veering to north 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 30 Friday morning then veering to north 20 to 25 Friday evening.
Chance of showers beginning this afternoon changing to chance of flurries overnight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4830N 5305W to 4830N 5100W to
5300N 5300W to 5330N 5130W to 5500N 5200W to 5700N 5730W to 5800N
5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4545N 5415W to 4145N 5030W to 4144N 4845W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 7 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:00 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By noon NDT Friday weakening low 1006 mb located over the East
Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. NDT today low located south of Newfoundland.
By 9:00 a.m. NDT Friday low located southeast of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NDT 7 May 2015 A low pressure system east of the Belle Isle Bank is forecast to
Move across the Funk Island Bank tonight and then track southward
passing just east of Newfoundland on Friday. Winds will increase to
strong to gale force northerlies as the low approaches the region
then diminish as it moves away.
Another low is forecast to track south of Newfoundland this afternoon
and make its way across the Southern Grand Banks tonight. Strong to
gale force northwesterlies are forecast in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle..Northeast Coast..Belle Isle Bank and the
Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: