Issued 03:00 AM NST 27 December 2014
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to west 30 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Snow or rain beginning Sunday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 5100N 5710W to 5120N 5650W to 5140N 5600W to 5135N 5520W to 5100N 5540W to northern peninsula near 5040N 5605W. Sea ice south of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5210N 5540W to 5215N 5330W to 5320N 5315W to 5525N 5410W to 5655N 5800W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5335N 5605W to 5215N 5230W to 5230N 5030W to 5700N 5300W to 6000N 5630W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 27 December 2014 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 972 mb located over northern Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 981 mb located over northwestern
At 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday approaching low 1000 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:01 AM NST 27 December 2014 Strong to gale force westerlies are forecast to diminish tonight as a
low pressure system over the Labrador Sea weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: