Issued 03:00 AM NDT 29 July 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots backing to east 15 Sunday morning then increasing to variable 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
A few showers beginning this afternoon changing to rain near midnight. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 July 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5410W to 4615N 5400W to 4615N 5245W to 4800N 4845W to 5145N
4745W to 5300N 4800W to 5700N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5007N 6135W to Newfoundland near 4854N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 29 July 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located from Lake Melville to the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough located on a line east-west over
the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located south of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 1001 mb located over the South Coast
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: