Issued 10:00 AM NDT 30 July 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots and locally gusts to 45 near Cape Race late this morning. Wind becoming north 35 this afternoon then diminishing to north 25 this evening. Wind backing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight then diminishing to light Friday morning.
Rain and fog banks ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 July 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4600N 5245W to 4430N 4700W to 4500N 4545W to 4930N
4430W to 6000N 5645W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5825W to Newfoundland near 5032N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South CoastIssued 10:00 AM NDT 30 July 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 30 July 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 991 mb located south of the Avalon
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 998 mb located over the southeastern
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating trough located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM NDT 30 July 2015 An intense low pressure system south of the Avalon Peninsula will
move slowly northward towards the Avalon Peninsula today. The low
will then begin to weaken and drift eastward tonight, exiting the
marine district Friday morning. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
west to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east, South Coast, East Coast - Cape St.
Francis and south and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: